Beauty-School Dropout

Well, maybe not beauty-school, but grad school anyway. I quit. Not forever, but for today and for this semester. It was expensive and difficult and for being so flexible with online courses, I could not leave the house, nor the internet, nor the computer. I don't regret it at all and the second I dropped the classes, I felt like I could breathe again. I thought I would have more time this fall without having a job for the moment, but I'm glad that I had the time to do some of the things I really wanted to do before moving to the Outback and not seeing familiar faces for a very long time. I was essentially homeless the past few weeks, and totally mooching off family, it didn't quite fit to lock myself away for a semester pulling my hair out over subjective projects.
So, for a quick recap of what I've been doing...
I spent a week volunteering at camp with not only my dear grandmother, but also my sister's family. It was wonderful.
I enjoyed my high-school ten year reunion.
Ben came to Michigan to spend Labor Day and the week after seeing family.
I spent a week driving to and from Florida to visit my bro-in-law Josh and his beautiful wife, LaNee. This trip was an adventure in itself driving the states with my amazing mother-in-law, her friend and a U-Haul trailer so we could take a piano to their apartment. (yeah to Josh for graduating from Combat Control Pipeline training, he'll be deployed in the new year)
Going to the beach with my cousins and the next generation of second cousins.
Going to the lake-house with the fam.
Quality time with my ma doing some great shopping.
Quality time with my pa scrounging antique shows and auctions for the next treasure.
Quality time with friends, catching up, eating great food.
Quality time with my grandparents, loving how perfect my grandmother's garden always is.
Quality time with my sister and her family. I love my niece and nephew and I'm so excited for the one on the way...(any day now!) and I would not change one of those moments for anything.



So, do I regret dropping out of grad school?
Not a chance.
Maybe I'll continue on next spring, maybe I'll wait until we're more settled and transfer to one that isn't longer than my undergrad.
Either way, this gives me time to think about what I really want to do with my life, focus on my passions.
Dream up greater things.











Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

jot a note!