The Desert.

I remember my sister helping me with a spelling test once, waiting for the school bus. As a way to remember the difference between 'desert' and 'dessert', she told me 'dessert' has two 'ss' because you want more dessert and 'desert' only has one ''s' because you want less of a desert. Not sure why that's important. It's not. But I remember that every time I write the word 'desert'...I most definitely don't want more 's'.
Another fun memory I have with Paula about Abu Dhabi is below. It makes me laugh every time, as this was the one and only source of information I had about moving here prior to actually moving here. Honestly. I mean, it's 2014 and I have every possible source of information at my fingertips, but between 2 kids, packing house, selling all possessions, travelling to Israel, and saying goodbye to our community of friends, I decided I didn't have time to research Abu Dhabi and that this childhood video is all I needed. I wasn't wrong.


I'll slowly update more about it, but I can't find the motivation to do it now. I need a few weeks to get settled, to give a realistic impression about life here, as we're currently stuck in a hotel without a car and I am working on entertaining not one, but two toddlers now. Life is different. This move is different. The world is different. I'll just watch Garfield for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

jot a note!