A New Chapter

The first adventure has come to a close. I don't know how to sum it all up, so I'll just say it was life-changing and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm so glad we experienced it together and I'm really excited about what's in store for us in the future, as this is only the beginning. Someone remarked that we weren't tourists, rather travelers, and that puts a good perspective into what we experienced. We avoided hot tourist spots and stayed local and dirty, living and loving the very heart of the land we were standing in. It was so difficult to say goodbye yesterday, mostly because it felt like I would be seeing each of those faces once again very soon. It was a short time to build a community, but more than enough time to rely on each other every step of the way and sharing that experience together of overcoming fears, dehydration, wounds, hospitals, painful desert-life stories and growing together in the Spirit and in love each and every day. Ben has travelled back to Alberta to finish work and I'm heading back to the desert tomorrow. I'm excited as that place now lies deeply buried within my heart and I'm excited to be able to volunteer there for a wonderful organization. I bless God for giving us the gift of Allie and her hospitality, not sure what I would do without her or Anis.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

jot a note!