Venture On...

Did you read about Mother Goose below? As we venture to Israel, I want to keep her in mind. I want to embrace each day for what it is and take away something new. I don't want my brain to ruin things for me through judgment or engrained ideas. I want to see my God through new eyes. 
Science is not bad. I just don't have the desire or passion to learn scientific things. Some biologist at one point dissected a goose and learned all about her organs, her system and a bunch of other neat stuff that I don't understand. They probably tagged the goose and found out her migration pattern and discovered great things about the goose species. None of this is bad or wrong. It's actually really great and has led us to the place our scientific world is today. But what about the goose herself? I liked learning about her on my own. It was a sad story, but it was more meaningful to me because I experienced it. I watched her and knew who her mate was. I knew which pond she enjoyed and which side she ate on. I saw her personality in defending her nest. I watched her clean her feathers and enjoy the sun kissing her beak. No science book could have ever shown me that. It was simplified from one view, but raw and organic learning that impacted me so much more than knowing what her heart chamber looked like. 
THIS is how I want to experience my trip to Israel. I don't want to hear about doctrine or theology or seminary academia knowledge or denomination arguments. Frankly, I can't stand any of that stuff and it's boring to me. (gasp!) yes, it's boring and a waste of my time. If it's something you want to study, that's fantastic. To me, it's like choosing to be a biologist, awesome for you, but I choose something else. I choose to go in unbiased and see my God's people and culture organic and raw. I choose to experience my faith this way, cutting out centuries of middle-man (good or bogus) explanations and going back to the beginning of my God as a Jew, not as a Christian. I want the experience not the knowledge. I want a picture, not a word. I want God as my 'rock,' my 'fire', my 'shepherd,' physical and visual; instead of God as 'holy', 'omnipotent', 'true.' There is nothing wrong with these later words, and I believe in their truth, but they're just words to me, I can't see them. I can't feel them. I can't experience them. I'm on a mission...
Photobucket
Here's a pic from beautiful Alberta in the summertime. Nothing to do with this post, but I love it and it wasn't retouched, this is truly what it looks like in the Canadian Rockies. I will miss it here...


No comments:

Post a Comment

jot a note!